Tuesday 27 August 2013

Homeland

This is my first blog post in over a week.

I have changed locations.

I've travelled 4 hours North from my usual location [Auckland NZ] to the Hokianga.

I'll be here for 4 weeks.

-

This is where I was raised, where I went to school.

This is my community. I get my sense of self and my sense of belonging from this very place.

I was born here and have an innate, intrinsic connection to this land stretching across the centuries, when my ancestors landed on these shores to find their piece of Paradise.

-

Being here, I love seeing stars at night. I love knowing that it's not the planes overhead, but the cows on pastures near that wake me in the morning.
I love how sound echoes around the mountains. I love being just metres from the shore.

I love the closeness of the people here.

For me, in all the earth, nowhere is as beautiful as my home.

This is MY Home.

-

This is a personal blog entry, and may seem rather parochial to some of my more international readers.

But if you did take the time to read this, Kia Ora, Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment