Monday 14 October 2013

Kohanga Reo Affairs

 
Without even watching the Native Affairs show... I'm thinking to myself... Here we have ... one of the most influential.... ground breaking models language revitalisation.... A pinnacle of Early Learning... not only envied but duplicated across the indigenous world.... THAT... Is the concept of Kohanga Reo to me... And it will always be that IMHO..... And we KNOW that Kohanga Reo have been fighting for their Tino Rangatiratanga... and Now... a story ... that attempts to distract from ALL of that....

Now.. true or not.... [alleged] financial mismanagement is obviously unacceptable and not to be tolerated... neither is [alleged] inadequacies in Governance is also EQUALLY Unacceptable... and Not being party to the full facts I can not and do not seek to justify such [alleged] actions...

-...

But please whanau ma.... I'm probably preaching to the converted when I ask you to Not forget... that Kaupapa are always bigger than people...

Bad Governance or Not...

This Model ... which has produced arguably the most respected ECE Curriculum in the World.... Has taken indigenous concepts and insights in to the field of Education... and has served as the springboard for OUR version of Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Education.... That.. again is what Kohanga Reo.

-
Again this is all just my humble opinion...

1 comment: