Wednesday 14 May 2014

To the Minister of Finance in 2014

Nei ka mihi ki te Minita

Sir, I have listened to my MP, Dr. Pita Sharples, speak of you in glowing terms.

You truly care not just for moving the country as whole FOWARD, But, I can see that your Government deeply cares for families.

Because of you, more people have warmer homes, more kids can get a better Education at ALL Levels, more families can be safe and secure and most of ALL New Zealanders can direct their own future.
-

For me, I want to praise the fact that you have successfully steered us out of the worst financial crisis in a generation.

The recession dealt heavy blows to Maori. We lost jobs, we lost livelihoods and our families were hurt the most by that catastrophe.
-

Now, we have a 30 BILLION Dollar Economy, More Maori are employed every day, Our radio stations and our TV Station streams our language, our sporting traditions are being upheld, our sacred knowledge is being protected, our tamariki will have BETTER health, our kids can be more ready every morning for kura, We can build MAORI Innovation and our beautiful story can be told again.

I express my heartfelt thanks, both to You, and your fellow Ministers.

MOST Of all, I greet, applaud and THANK Our Honourable Prime Minister.

E te Matua,

Nga manaakitanga ki runga i a koe, ki runga i to whanau, otira, kia taatou katoa.

Kia ora ra

TeRata Rangi Hikairo

No comments:

Post a Comment