Monday 7 July 2014

Treaty Partner

Tonight, our tupuna have given me a message. A message of hope. A message of clarity.
-

I have, these last few days, been re-invigorating myself in terms of the Maori Party. The way I have done this is by sharing our beautiful history as a Party, with some amazing rangatahi.

It is on the back of this, having spent this afternoon at the local marae with them, that I believe, the tupuna decided to share this message with me.
-

The message, if I can attempt to put it in written words is this:

Yes. The Maori Party is us. We are the Maori Party.

The Maori Party is the realization of the dreams and goals we left on Earth.

The Maori Party has taken it's rightful place in the New Zealand Government as Treaty Partners.
-

Only the Maori Party can be the true treaty partner. Only the Maori Party can be the Treaty Partner.

The two major parties can only seek to represent Crown interests, and the ways of the Crown.

But the New Zealand Government must always have a Treaty Partner. Only our Maori Party, can be that.

No comments:

Post a Comment