We only have until the 31st of January to SAVE POINT ENGLAND RESERVE
Below is a Press Statement I just sent out and an email to the community.
SAVE POINT ENGLAND RESERVE IN GLEN INNES
Community Advocates are calling for support to oppose a Housing Development at a Local Reserve in East Auckland.
The petition was created by Tsz Ho a local pharmacist affected by the potential development.
Ho and other Advocates worry that the development could lead to
* POLLUTION of the Local Beach, Bush and Omaru River
* Loss of a Community and Event's space
The reserve is home to local bush, wildlife and sea life.
The reserve also hosts important community events like Concerts, Runs and sporting Events like the Weet Bix Tryathlon.
Advocates worry that all of this will be negatively affected and that current residents may also be negatively affected
Advocates are calling on the media to alert the community and also want people to make submissions to Parliament so as to STOP THE DEVELOPMENTS AND POLLUTION.
Advocate TeRata Hikairo says 'We must have this place available for future generations and we must preserve our environment. If you want to help stop this, email me email@example.com"
Tena Koutou Katoa
Nga Mana Whenua Ngati Whatua ki Orakei, Local Teachers, Ruapotaka Marae, Community Advocates and Local Board Members
Please read this email and then forward this email to your networks in Glen Innes.
I am calling for community support to
OPPOSE "REZONING AND REVELOPMENT OF THE POINT ENGLAND RESERVE".
Before Parliament RIGHT NOW, There is a Bill that would see land being rezoned for Housing Developments on the Point England Reserve.
SUBMISSIONS CLOSE 31st January 2017
I am calling for this OPPOSITION BECAUSE
1. Point England is a Reserve, with local bush, the Omaru River and Sea life close by. It is a reserve and should be treated as such. There is no actual reassurances that a housing development would NOT negatively affect, even pollute the local environment and affect local bush life and sea life. We FACE LOSING AND POLUTTING OUR OMARU RIVER AND WAITEMATA HARBOUR, IF THIS DEVELOPMENT WENT AHEAD.
2. Point England Reserve is a critically important Event's space where we gather, we celebrate and we hold events. This Reserve is important to our community as are the walk ways and access ways to the reserve. These Events build a stronger sense of community. The whole space as it is currently is important to our community.
3. Our tamariki love the playground, love to run around, love this place. We must preserve the whole space for them. A Housing development may not be good for the tamariki who use this reserve. Our tamariki can learn more about their environment. A housing development would negatively affect these learning oppurtunities.
I myself have already made a submission to Parliament
I urge you to do the same WE ONLY HAVE UNTIL THE 31ST OF JANUARY, DO THIS QUICKLY!!!!!
TeRata Rangi Hikairo