Sunday 22 April 2018

My tweet about Bishop Brian Tamaki.

I want to write briefly in relation to this tweet

https://twitter.com/terata6/status/988219502256013312

The tweet was prompted by these stories;

One from Stuff:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/103311135/destiny-churchs-bishop-brian-tamaki-severely-burnt-in-rubbish-fire

Another from Newshub
http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2018/04/destiny-church-s-brian-tamaki-hospitalised-after-rubbish-fire.html
-

I affirm the rights of all New Zealanders to believe what they wish.
This Human Right, is enshrined in our Bill of Rights and Te Tiriti o Waitangi, in Article 4 of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.

I uphold and will always defend the right of anyone in New Zealand, to believe what they wish.

Recently in Easter Weekend, during the Easter Production

https://www.facebook.com/events/1759822617417623/ 

Destiny Church made some alarming claims.

A Scene in that play, plays a montage of Maori Prophets like Ratana, Rua Kenana and Tawhiao.

The Play, portrays a following Scene where a young Brian Tamaki says 'They are dead and I am here now'(paraphrased).

In the context and timing of the Production I mention above, and the claim made therein, I further wish to assert that, such a claim by itself is offensive to the pononga (followers) of those Rangatira, who are considered Prophets.

They are Maori Prophets.
-

It is detestable to claim oneself as a sole Prophetic authority for all Maori people.

It is my belief that Brian Tamaki's burn injuries are divine retribution.

END

Further comments:

I uphold the rights of Brian Tamaki and his followers to believe as they wish. Their religious freedom is as dear to me, as are my own rights and the rights of all other New Zealanders.

The offering of my opinion, is just that, the offering of an opinion. This opinion offered is in relation to this story.

I do not hold that, Destiny and it's subsidiary organisations like it's School, ECE, Gym, Social services etc are bad. These organisations and programs are incredible and make very positive contributions to our community and our wider society.

It is my assertion that a twisted ideology has bought dire, near fatal consequences for the one who espoused it.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment