Sunday 21 December 2014

Islam, a Unique view

These are all ONLY my own thoughts
-

In other blog entries you can read of how I denounce terrorism.

On Youtube if you search Taufiq Boldy you'll find my reversion story.

You can read an article which tells you a little about me.
-

There is a Te Kaea interview and a Te Karere interview.
-

What I want to NOW share are some views on contemporary Islamic issues.

As you may've seen I converted in 2007. My practice in 2007 was more reflected in my dress and diet, where I visited and who I associated with.

My practice of Islam at that time was outward, and showy
-

Today though, I have changed. My views are different and I feel I have matured.

Islam is more about serving God, through loving my family and helping the wider community.

My connection to God now is through serving those that God loves.
-

I also have, what may be termed liberal views and liberal life choices.

That is personal, but in the wider context is still part of my Islam
-

Islam is a Life lived for God alone. My life does belong only to Almighty God.

It is not a perfect life, but it is a Life I dedicate to God
--

My Islam, follows the Prophet and his Holy Family (Shia)

This means that like all Muslims I await the Second coming of Jesus Christ, but I ALSO await the return of the Last Imam.
-

I have Faith in the Return of Christ and the Imam.

Christ as the Religious Authority as well as the Legal and Political Authority and the Imam as a Spiritual Guide.
-

I believe this must happen in the future.
---

In terms of the contemporary issues, like Groups trying to re-establish Islamic rule, I DO NOT Support this.

Not just because the actions of these groups strike terror and and are abhorrent, But also because this does NOT reflect Islam at all.

Islam is a religion of Peace.
-

I do believe that Divinity and Holy Law can one day be supreme on the Earth.

But I believe it is ONLY up to Jesus Christ (pbuh) and the Imam (pbuh) to usher this in.

I feel no one else can do this.

I feel that no one else can administer the Holy Shariah like a Prophet or an Imam.

I do not trust anyone else to do so.

I also don't think that God trusts anyone else to do so either.
-

That's what I want to say.

Please comment below

Email teratahikairo@gmail.com to discuss further.

1 comment:

  1. Added to this, specifically when it comes to ISIS/ISIL

    I can not find any Consensus among Ulama (Islamic Scholars) calling Muslims to support them.

    I can't find and reputable, knowledgeable Mojtahed or Ayatollah in the Shia Tradition OR any known and respected Sheikh, Maulana or Mufti in the Sunni tradition who calls his fellows to support ISIS/ISIL.

    I thus conclude that there is no such consensus.
    -

    I believe that ISIS is mainly full of Political dissidents. In the case of Iraqi members these are people who angry about the American invasion in 2003 and the current Iraqi Government. In the case of Syrian members, these are probably people annoyed at the Assad regime.
    They are going about things in the wrong way.

    IF in fact this had anything to do with Islam, then there'd be a Universal call from all Ulama to support ISIS. As such there is Not.

    I don't think there ever will be.

    ReplyDelete