Sunday 4 January 2015

Late afternoon at the movies, January 2015





I have never ever done a movie review before. This'll be more opinion based and a story of yesterday. I'll try not to put spoilers.
-

The first movie we watched The Imitation Game was unexpectedly beautiful. I'd sat in the lobby, and watched the first seconds of the trailer and thought 'I think I'll enjoy that'.

I certainly did.

Of course the characters are well played, the costume and settings authentic and the simple cinematography was well placed.

But what I most enjoyed, were the several layers of context and meaning. There was not 1 story but 4 woven together.

Lovers of mystery, war, quirk and Britain certainly will enjoy the movie.

I must apologise to all the other movie goers last night, because I was quite loud in my exclamations of enjoyment.

And I cried with a broken heart, right at the end.

VERY VERY WELL DONE, Easy 5 Stars.
____

As for the second movie I was thoroughly underwhelmed.

More to the point I was annoyed.

But that's probably because I feel they sucessfully blasphemed one of the most influential stories of the last 3500 years.

As a scripture enthusiast, I was disgusted both at the portrayal of God and his messenger Moses.

Yes the cinematography was OK, and can be somewhat commended, but if that's the only highlight of the movie, then that leaves much to be desired.

1 star out 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment