Monday 22 July 2013

Birth of a New Prince and what this means to me

I share my joy with the parents, grandparents, and great grandparents of His Royal Highness.

The millions of people in the 54 Commonwealth Nations also rejoice at the birth of a new Prince.

-

Arguably we share with those nations one of the most recognisable monarchies in the world.

The British Monarchy are well respected for who they are.

This is Not an understatement.

-

Even the hardest republican can't argue that in New Zealand and many other nations.... we have a stable form of Government.

-
The Crown is the foundation of that Government.
-

Now I don't forget the history and the things that have happened in the name of the Crown here in Aotearoa.

I just want to say that just because something is done in the name of a Monarch.. does Not mean the Monarch likes it...

I'm of the view that our Head of State genuinely cares for her people's.
-

For me I am a proud 'Royalist/Monarchist'.

It annoys me that I need a label to say 'I'm loyal to our form of Government and it's Institutions'.

But I'll say that I believe in having a separate Head of State and Head of Government.

-

Our Head of State needs to be accountable not only to us but to the other nations over which she has Dominion.

Our Head of State is above the day-to-day partisan Politics... and remains steady and sure for us in such uncertain times.

She is supported by her local representative.

They direct the actions of the Head of Government making sure that peace and democracy are always upheld.
-

I am proud that in it's short history this System has never failed.

-

The new born baby has come in to ancient tradition and a great legacy left by his ancestors.

This new born baby cooing in his cot may not yet realise for many years, how much he means to so many people.

God bless him. God bless his family.

God bless New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment