Friday 26 July 2013

Standing up against Tyranny

Today's post comes of the heels off the last blog post about Tino Rangatiratanga which received positive feedback.

These are completely, my OWN opinions!!!

-

Today there will be Nationwide protest's against NEW GCSB Legislation.

I HAVE NOT read the legislation, I have Not read all stories for and against, I have not sene or read all official statements for and against this legislation.

-

That being said... As an a normal New Zealander... I am still allowed to have an opinion.

It is my democratic RIGHT to express my thoughts, feelings and ideas.

-

I am NOT sure of the legality of saying what I am about to say.

I have been interrogated by the Police, I have been interrogated by the Criminal Investigation Bureau, I have been interrogated by the NZ Security Intelligence Service.

This is NOT public knowledge and may seem like a over exaggeration to some.

Nevertheless, it is all true.

I know what that is like.

I don't like the reasoning behind it, I don't like it being done, or the way it is done.

-

Therefore I will say...

I can NOT give any support to any proposal to strengthen the power of the GCSB.

It is not in my interests to support this.

It is not in the interests of my whanau, my hapuu, my Iwi, my people, my friends, my neighbours, my city, my region, my colleagues past and present, it is not in the interests of ANYBODY that I know.

It does NOT tautoko any of us.

It is not a way of helping any of us.

I do not believe in strengthening the power of the Government to spy on it's citizens.

-

We talk about 'Kim Dotcom'.

I don't want to.. that's for Him.
-

For me, when the Government, spied on and terrorized OUR people in Tuhoe.. that.. even before this legislation...

was enough of a traumatic experience for women and children in Tuhoe... to show us, that spying on and terrorising citizens is NOT okay.

-

It violates our basic human rights to privacy, to the mana AND the tapu of our whanau, our kainga.
-

My kainga, my whanau, they are tapu to me.
My family is sacred to me.

-

I DO NOT stand for anything, or anyone that wishes to diminish or trample upon that TAPU.
-

I don't support anything that could stop my power to korero, to pass my matauranga, to my people and to my future Uri.

-

This legislation IS NOT conducive to the safety of your whanau or my whanau.

OPPOSE THIS BILL.

PROTEST.

If it makes it to the Select Committee.. make submissions AGAINST This Bill.

-

THIS MUST Be stopped.

-

Seriously, the state-propaganda machine, with it huge Police stations, it's Army bases, it's hidden Intelligence headquarters, and it's multiple 'Intelligence Agencies' with ALREADY wide powers...

is already powerful in that it can take anyone out if it so wishes.

The GCSB don't need ANYMORE Power.

OPPOSE, OPPOSE, OPPOSE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment